Monday, September 7, 2009

SLEEP!

The past couple weeks, Charlotte has been waking up 2-3 times at night to nurse. It wasn't that big of a deal because she would eat and then go right back to sleep. Well, last night was a little different. She would not go down in her crib. Every time I tried (which was at least 6 or 7 times), she would wake up and cry. I would pick her up and she went right back to sleep. I finally gave in which means we spent the night in the rocking chair. After that I said no more. She should be sleeping better.
Needless to say, we are going to see how well the Ferber method works. Basically, after our bedtime routine I will put Charlotte to bed awake and let her soothe herself to sleep, which will consist of crying, crying and more crying (ugh!!). We have our earplugs ready! After a few nights, she should learn to fall asleep on her own without me having to feed and rock her every night. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment